Signs to help you decide if your home needs an Electrical Service Panel Upgrade or Replacement
If you notice any of these electrical problems then you can have one of our highly qualified Electricians help you decide if a Electrical Panel Upgrade is required or if it is a simple Electric Repair that we can help you with.
- If you find your self repeatedly going to your Circuit Breaker box because it keeps resetting this is a strong sign that your Electrical Panel could use an Upgrade or Replacement.
- If you notice strange flickering coming from lights not cause by a bad light bulb either when you switch them on and off or when you turn on several lights in a nearby area.
- If your house is simply old construction can sometimes be a big enough clue that the existing home wiring is no longer sufficient for the heavy electric use demanded by the power hungry homes of this modern age.
- If you have a Hodge podge of electrical breakers that look like they were thrown together from a grab bag from a rummage sale. Different manufacturer breakers, a mixture of different Amperage breakers that seem like they were added over the years on a whim, a checkerboard of different colors or appearance can all be indicators that you have a disorganized mess that may be unsafe and in bad need to be replaced.
- Small areas of pitting, rust, or heavy corrosion in the wrong places can mean bad conducting in important areas and catastrophic risk. Signs of aging like this are always signals of outdated electrical components in your entire electrical system.
- Outdated wiring, plugs, and switches in other areas of your house often means the entire breaker wiring is outdated as well.
- Strange dark areas that shouldn’t be there can be a warning of Electric Sparks and arching that can create a risk of electrical shock and a dangerous fire hazard. Any indication of fire or unidentified smells of smoke or electrical burning should be looked into immediately and often require significant upgrades.
- If you open your panel door and see old style fuses it is a no brainer that the Electrical Panel should have been upgraded ages ago.
In some situations your home wiring and circuit box breaker panel may be completely safe and sufficient for your current needs but still necessitate a upgrade or complete replacement.
Even if everything is working fine you might want to upgrade because you expect to increase the electrical demands that you normally use, like adding a room addition or converting unused space like an attic or basement into usable living area.
Maybe adding new appliances such as an electric stove, dryer, or an electric baseboard heating or air conditioning cooling system to your home is another excellent reason to modernize your Circuit Panel and wiring.
An often overlooked time, where upgrading is of utmost importance, is if you are considering getting a loan to refinance your property or if you are planning to sell your house. Banks can be near impossible to deal with.
Ancient electrical systems are an absolute NO-NO when it comes to banks. If your service electric box is out of date it will kill any plans you have dead in their tracks. An old Service Breaker Box Panel is a red flag that will make a bank put on the brakes.
We are here to help you with all your residential Electrician needs.
If you need a Electrician Elyria OH 44035 44036 area then our friendly on-call Electricians can help you with any electrical need in your home. We specialize in full Electrical Panel Upgrades and Replacements, along with complete home wiring installation but no matter what you need we are here to serve.
Give us a call right now so we can discuss what we can do for you.